Wellness Exchange is a series of workshops that teaches a skills that help individuals cope with stress and adversity while promoting positive mental health and well-being.
The goal is to help individuals increase effective coping, communication, self-advocacy, and basic life skills through an action-oriented approach.
Wellness Exchange is modeled on the core principles of Skills for Psychological Recovery (SPR), developed by the National Centre for PTSD based in the United States.
This workshop is delivered through five, one hour, group-based sessions where participants join together to explore these skill building areas.
The objectives of Wellness Exchange are:
- To provide practical tools and skills.
- To provide an accessible and flexible program.
- To improve the overall health of the population.
- To join individuals in a group setting to share experiences, positive strategies and increase mental wellness.
What Modules Does Wellness Exchange Cover And Why Are They Important?
- They can help us clearly define our problems and look at a variety of possible solutions.
- Effective problem-solving helps us address the entire situation and influence what we can; it can also increase our confidence in the decisions that we make.
- Positive activities provide us with opportunities for enjoyment.
- When our life feels challenging, positive activities can help us feel connected to ourselves and our values.
- Positive activities can improve our mood, increase our sense of control over our life, and create hope.
- Physical and emotional reactions happen as a response to life’s stressors.
- Having confidence that we are able to effectively manage our emotions is important to:
- help protect our well-being
- maintain our healthy connections
- make effective decisions
- respond in healthy ways
- Our thoughts have an impact on how we see the world, how we feel and how we behave.
- Shifting our unhelpful patterns to include helpful thinking is important to:
- help increase our confidence in coping with stressors
- improve our mood
- reduce the intensity of our reactions
- Social support and connecting with others helps us feel a sense of belonging and reduces the feeling of isolation that can occur when stressors increase.
- Maintaining our healthy connections helps to meet our emotional and practical needs, and helps us feel reassured, understood, needed and wanted.
- Building healthy social connections helps increase our confidence, overall effectiveness, and flexibility when handling life-changing events and problems.
- May 2, 2022 – Module 1 Problem Solving
- May 9, 2022 – Module 2 Positive Activities
- May 16, 2022 – Module 3 Managing Reactions
- May 30, 2022 – Module 4 Helpful Thinking
- Jun 6, 2022 – Module 5 Healthy Connections